Call out for Dance Scratch
We are inviting applications for the next Dance Scratch Night which will be on Wed 5 October (previously advertised as 28 Sept but has changed) at the OFS.
As always the dance scratch is about sharing new works in progress by local dance makers.
If you are making new work or are thinking about making new work, you are invited to apply by noon on Monday 11th July using this google form
NEW for this scratch: ODF will subsidise rehearsal space at OFS during the summer.
ODF will sponsor up to 4 artists/groups to have 3 x 3 hours of space at OFS, which ODF will pay for (value £90 each). Booking for this should be done in liaison with ODF once you are confirmed as a selected artist. Please note these are bursary contributions as ODF’s current budget doesn’t stretch to pay artists for this event – it is however a great opportunity to test your work in progress in front of an audience, with some time dedicated to exchanges and feedback.
ALSO NEW for this scratch: 4 volunteers needed to help out, each volunteer gets a free ticket to the event
We have identified 4 volunteer roles which would make the event easier to run. They are:
Role 1. Help the steering group review /select applications for the scratch (read apps and attend 1 zoom meeting on 14 or 15 July)
Role 2. Basic stage management (chiefly ensure performers are ready when it’s their turn to step on stage)
Role 3. Hand out programmes at the door
Role 4. Take charge of videography (be the person to press record on ODF camera on the night – no editing skills required)
Interested? Please get in touch if you have any questions! This is new for us as well so we need to find out what works.
We have learnt some lessons from our first post pandemic scratch night and realised we needed more hands on deck to help the event run smoothly – and hopefully for the dance community to feel more involved even if you aren’t performing on the night.
FINAL INNOVATION for this scratch: paid producer role (2 days worth @ £125 per day)
The steering group needs your help!
Although we produced the last scratch night without paying ourselves, we feel the slim ODF budget would be well used in offering paid work to one ODF member to take charge of the producing of the event – with the support of the steering group, of course.
Tasks involved in this paid producer role will include:
- liaising with artists for written and photographic material for publicity and programme in a manner to allow reasonable time for publicity and social media coverage ahead of the event.
- hosting the event: introducing the pieces, chairing Q&A with audience and artists
- coordination and book-keeping of the allocated budget for the event (includes a £90 rehearsal space bursary per artist/group, for up to 4 pieces)
- Apply for Wed 5th Oct Scratch Night by Mon 11th July noon here: scratch night application form
- Volunteer to help out with the scratch for a free ticket to the event (4 roles detailed above)
- Help out by taking on a paid-producer role for this event (details above)
Any questions? Feel free to get in touch! Email email@example.com The most urgent roles to fill in will be the paid producer role, and the volunteer reviewer for the applications. Please get in touch asap so we can gather a list of those interested and delegate roles and discuss further.